From law enforcement, to education and voter access we here in Arizona are seeing a lack in criminal justice reform. This coupled with a lack of worker’s rights and protections, a failing public education system we must ensure equity exists and expand services like public transportation and affordable housing.
- Ending the privatization of police and security forces to ensure there is no profit from public safety. Public safety should be run by publicly accountable bodies..
- Ensuring an equitable access to housing, jobs, and voting rights.
- We need to divest from the private prison industry and reallocate funding back to public education, local restorative justice services, employment programs, and health care.
- Restructuring tax codes to ensure corporate (large businesses) income and estate taxes are
looked to before sales taxes that have been proven to dis-proportionally affect the lower working classes.
- Establishing state drug reform policies like: pre booking diversion programs, free public community level access to drug checking services, medication assisted treatments in jails and emergency rooms, housing first policies.
- I am supportive of Ban the Box initiatives for non violent crimes, as well as voting rights restoration and decriminalizing cannabis.
- Evidence based health and harm reduction curriculum in school districts.