I believe in healthcare as a fundamental right for all people. It is crucial we protect those in need and our most vulnerable residents.
- I am a proud advocate of Healthcare for All. I will support and defend our current “Affordable Care Act” but also support a national health insurance program or single payer system to provide everyone in America with comprehensive health care coverage, free at the point of service. No networks, no premiums, no deductibles, no copays, and no surprise bills.
- Prioritizing advocacy for resources for those affected by COVID-19.
- I support coverage for children, families and our elderly and healthcare for those with pre-existing conditions
Specific systems such as Kids Care and state healthcare programs must be severely improved, particularly our public health clinics and our veteran services. Medicare coverage should be expanded to include dental, hearing, vision, home care, inpatient and outpatient services.
- Approaching mental health in a system wide method that approaches issues such as substance abuse treatment as a mental health issue as much as a physical health issue.
- Increasing access to services at the community level through clinics especially for the under served communities.
Protecting women’s health and reproductive rights is essential. Including access to organizations such as Planned Parenthood. I am a pro choice candidate, the decision is entirely a woman’s choice. This decision should have access to unbiased information and a supportive culture that ensures dignity, respect, and health are respected in all people undergoing these decisions.
- Reproductive Care should be fully covered through the insurance plans highlighted above. Maternity care and Paternity care should be offered to parents in order to facilitate the birth to schooling process.
- Capping prescription drug prices and expanding their coverage through medicare.
- Healthcare workers must be protected actively against verbal, physical, and mental violence and harassment in the workplace
In these times of COVID-19 we must make sure healthcare is accessible for all people.